Commercial dog foods come in many varieties that purport to be healthy for your dog. Consider how
Many pet food manufacturers produce competitive, consistent products by using lowest cost by-products and raw materials
Dry dog food is processed through an extreme high heat extruder, which breaks down the proteins and destroys any enzymes,
antioxidants or vitamins originally in the ingredients.ensp;To compensate for this, the food is spray coated after it cools
with fat, vitamins and flavorings.
Rendered meat (what remains of meat after all the fats have been removed for other uses).
- Other animal body parts that cannot be used for human consumption (i.e. hooves, ears, tails and hair).
- Low cost grains or the meal (what remains after the oils from the grain have been extracted for use in human foods).
- Moldy or spoiled vegetables not fit for human consumption.
Semi-moist foods (canned) are similarly prepared, but not cooked or dried at the same high temperature. To compensate for
this, preservatives and sugar are added.
Consider the nutritional quality of commercial dog foods.
First, they DON'T contain some things we wish they did.
Second, they DO contain other things we wish they didn't.
- Adequate quantities and or qualities of proteins, fats, vitamins and minerals.
Today, the average dog is eating more "junk food" because many commercial dog foods have to include sugar and preservatives
in order to keep the food fresh without canning or refrigeration.
- Various slaughterhouse wastes, toxic products from spoiled foodstuffs, non-nutritive fillers, heavy-metal
contaminates, sugar, pesticides, herbicides, drug residues, artificial colours, flavors and preservatives.
Raw meat is also a concern for most veterinarians.
- Raw meat alone does not provide all the necessary nutrients a dog requires to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Some of
the raw ingredients added to the meat such as vegetables and grains should be cooked in order for dogs to digest them
- Raw beef and poultry can pose a public health hazard to those handling the product resulting in Salmonella and
E. coli. Seventy percent of dogs eating raw meat were found to be shedding salmonella in their feces. This can be
transmitted to children and older people.
- There is no guarantee raw meat will be free of contamination or pathogenic organisms (parasites).
What can we do to provide a healthier choice?
Reconsider the daily food choices we make for our pets! You cannot expect to maintain your dog's good health, weight and
energy level on over processed, denatured, contaminated foods or table scraps.
There are alternative ways of feeding your pet to make necessary healthy changes. The composition of dog food is very
important in order to provide a dog's optimal health and interest in their food, especially as they grow older.
Consider the alternative - Human Grade Food For Dogs.
Select a natural food for your dog that contains only the best fresh ingredients carefully prepared and baked together in
a formulated, nutritionally balanced recipe and without salt, sugars or preservatives!
Human grade food for dogs provides a better response to your dog's different needs and energy levels. It provides healthy,
natural nutrients your dog requires including all the vitamins, minerals, trace minerals, enzymes and antioxidants!
Good, quality dog food must be appealing and have:
In other words, choose HUMAN GRADE DOGGIE CUISINE food for your dog. Dogs live to eat so why not provide some additional
pleasure in their life.
- Two animal protein sources listed first and two different unsaturated fats - to ensure digestibility and to provide
adequate energy and all the essential fatty acids.
- Linoleic acid, an important source of omega-6 fatty acid dogs require - ensures right balance of animal fats and
plant oils necessary for glossy hair coat and soft, pliable skin.
- Whole grains, vegetables, fruits and other real-food ingredients - for the other vitamins and trace minerals.
"Dogs really do love the taste of
Human Grade Doggie Cuisine
food for dogs and eagerly
anticipate their daily feedings
with new found energy!"
Try it - watch your dog's reaction
to this nutritious type of food.
Healthy Facts To Consider
Dogs need far more protein and calcium on a pound-for-pound basis than humans require. It is important for:
In order to obtain the proper protein level a variety of the basic food groups are required to provide a high digestible
level and to balance the nutritional value necessary.
- Their growth, muscle development and strength.
- A functioning immune system.
- The production of functioning hormones.
- The proper volume of blood.
- For injury repair and prevention.
- The production of hair, nails, tendons, cartilage and all the connective tissues and organs.
Human Grade Doggie Cuisine utilizes only good quality meat
and fresh ingredients to make it possible!
Start with the most natural food for
dogs - lean ground meat (higher in
protein, lower in fat) and organ
meat such as liver. These meats
contain most of the protein dogs require
as well as the enzymes, amino acids,
antibodies, hormones and other nutrients.
We also add high protein whole organic grains, legumes and dairy products (such as eggs) to provide the rest of the
Enzymes are found naturally in our food and play an important role in just about every body reaction and often in conjunction with vitamins. Enzymes are required to break down foods for optimal absorption of nutrients, especially in older dogs.
Fats are the major source of energy for dogs and are nutritionally supplied through carefully selected human grade
Help keep your dog's skin and footpads supple and their coat healthy.
- Carry fat-soluble vitamins into the body from the intestine, which are essential for your dog's health and to make
the food tastier.
- Provide Omega 6 and 3 fatty acids (linoleic acid) that are important, as dogs can't make these on their own.
Linoleic acid keeps skin supple and pliable and pads and nose leather flexible. It also improves dry skin and can decrease
stiffness from arthritis. /li>
Whole organic grains provide the mainstay of your dog's diet and supply carbohydrates and an array of vitamins, minerals and
Carbohydrates are also naturally obtained in our specially formulated rice, barley, oats and spelt flour combination.
Rolled oats are included in our food and contain more protein per calorie than any other grain.
- Whole organic stone ground flours are mixed together to greatly enhance the biological effectiveness of its protein
value and the balance of amino acids is more complete. These grains are cooked to ensure proper pre-digestion.
Dogs like vegetables and should be included in any well-balanced dog diet. We only utilize whole, fresh low caloric green
and orange (such as carrots) vegetables to provide vitamins, minerals and roughage to the diet.
- Carbohydrates are required in every cell of a dog's body. Dogs need a continuous supply, particularly in the form of
glucose, which is important for the functioning of your dog's brain and muscles.
- Carbohydrates also assist in the digestion of other nutrients especially fats.
- Cellulose (one form of carbohydrate) provides fiber, an important component of dog food that provides the bulk to the
food and helps the intestinal contents absorb water.
- This results in formed stools that are easily expelled.
- Too little fiber results in loose stools. If it passes through too quickly, hard compacted stools are the result.
Dogs do not make some vitamins themselves but require 14 different types.
- Vitamins must be supplied in their food in order to trigger chemical reactions that help release the nutrients from
the dog's food and to put them to use.
- Dogs produce their own Vitamin A (the most important vitamin) from carotene found in our vegetables.
Our whole fresh potatoes provide a great source of potassium, an important mineral that can sometimes be in short supply.
Fruits (such as apples) are included to provide further taste and are a great storehouse for vitamins, minerals and vital
Lecithin, kelp and sunflower oil provide an excellent source of linoleic acid and other important unsaturated fatty acids
needed by dogs.
Your dog's body needs to maintain a delicate balance between the levels of the various major and trace minerals. There is
no need to add supplements as these are found naturally in the food.
- They fortify the diet with plenty of important vitamins and minerals and balance the ingredients of the food to meet
nutritional standards dogs require.
- They include such important nutrients as calcium, iron, linoleic acid, vitamin A and B vitamins.
- Adding supplements to a nutritionally balance dog food can create more problems than it solves, there is a very
narrow window between the level required and the level that is toxic.
- Fresh lean ground meat naturally provide a lot of the necessary minerals including the major minerals calcium and
phosphorus, which are the most important minerals in a dog's diet.
- Your dog needs only a small level of trace minerals, which are found in the grains as well as in the meat. Trace
minerals include iron, zinc, copper, iodine, selenium, manganese and cobalt, which is a part of vitamin B12.
Calcium is a very important supplement of any dog food and the food should have a proper calcium/phosphorus ratio.
- Calcium is added via calcium carbonate (powdered egg shells) without adding additional phosphorus. The result is
a lower-ash diet and a proper ratio of calcium to phosphorus.
Finally, a dog's food requires flavoring to ensure they enjoy and eat all their food and at the same time provide additional
- Nutritional yeast and garlic are included and are a hit with most dogs.
- Nutritional yeast is an excellent source of protein (52%) and rich in vitamins, especially B-complex, and an
excellent source of folic acid, which is important for formation, growth, and reproduction of red blood cells.
- Garlic, as well as being tasty, helps to tone up the digestive track and discourage worms and other parasites
- Additional herbs provide flavour and other benefits including relieving flatulence.
- Parsley and rosemary help eliminate bad breath.
Human Grade Doggie Cuisine Inc.'s food for dogs contains the necessary natural ingredients mixed in the proper proportions and individually baked
to provide a natural nutritionally balanced food for your dog!
For Nutrition values-
BACK TO TOP